Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Hieromonk Gregorios of Koutloumousiou: The Eucharist as living in Christ


 Between the first visitation of the Word and His Second Coming, there is the present age. We Christians struggle to love the Lord, because love helps us to live the mystery of His visitation. "If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him" (John 14:23). Love perpetuates God's visitation and transforms man into a dwelling-place of God and a dweller in God: "God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him" (1 John 4:16). When we participate in the Mystery of divine love - in the Eucharist and Holy Communion - we are celebrating the Mystery of God's visitation in the world and in our lives. As Christ says: "He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" (John 6:56).
+Hieromonk Gregorios of Koutloumousiou, from The Divine Liturgy, a Commentary in the Light of the Fathers, Chapter 6 Diptychs and Prayers, Visit us, O God.

No comments:

Post a Comment