Thursday, April 1, 2021

Mother Gavrilia: Loving difficult people


 Once, seeing her with [a very] "difficult" person, I was wondering how she could stand him! A few days later, I saw them again. He was unrecognizable! Sitting next to her, with a transformed face that looked beautiful, almost angelic, he was like an innocent child with its beloved mother... "How did you do it?" I asked when we were left alone. "What did I do, my child? I did nothing... The Lord does everything - provided we love the other person". "Even the... ill-natured?" I asked. "Even those you consider as such - for in their heart they are not so! You know, the moment you love them something changes. I have told you before that love is like a bomb - it shatters all evil"...
+Nun Gavrilia, spoken of Mother Gavrilia in The Ascetic of Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment