Saturday, February 13, 2021

St. Paisios of Mount Athos: If we are scandalized, the evil is within us.


 If we are scandalized, the evil is within us; not outside. When you feel scandalized, you should ask yourself, "How many do I scandalize? In God's name, shouldn't I tolerate my brother or sister? How does God tolerate me with all the things I do?" Think of Go, of Panaghia1, the Angels, who look upon all the people of earth - as if standing on a balcony nd looking down on a plaza - they see some stealing, others fighting, still others sinning carnally, and so on. How does God tolerate them all? How is it that He can tolerate all the evil and all the sin on earth, and we cannot tolerate even one brother or sister?
+St. Paisios of Mount Athos, from Spiritual Counsels II Spiritual Awakening, Chapter 3, To the Pure All Things are Pure.
1Literaly "all holy", a title for the Mother of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment